Pet odor inside your home can be a big turn off to potential home buyers and keep your home from selling.
Here are a few ways to help get rid of the pet smell.
- While doing a deep cleaning, open the windows and air your house out. The fresh air can help move out pet odors.
- Once you’ve aired out the home, keep your pet in a crate in one room of the house or outdoors.
- Scrub your floors and walls with vinegar, wood floor cleaner, or odor-neutralizing cleaning product.
- Wash your drapes and upholstery. Washing, steam cleaning, or dry cleaning your fabric window coverings and steam clean upholstered furniture.
- Shampoo your carpets or rugs.
- Try a fresh coat of paint or stain.
- Place scented candles or potpourri in strategic locations after a deep cleaning.
- Replace kitty litter daily, sweep around the litter box, and hit it before each home showing.
- Launder pet beds, remove them from house, or buy new ones.
- Consider having pet stay with friends or loved ones or boarding during showings.
- If the deep cleaning doesn’t do the job, hire a professional cleaning crew to help get rid of pet stains and lingering pet odors.
Let Edmond’s #1 Realtor help you sell your home – contact Brad Reeser today!