EDMOND, Okla. – When is the first day of school? When is information day?
Here is all of the information for Back to School from Edmond Public Schools.
Click the link below for important back-to-school dates.
First Day of School:
Thursday, August 20th is the first day of school for students in Edmond!
Edmond Public Schools is the fourth largest district in Oklahoma and more than 23,500 students.
The district has 16 elementary schools, five middle schools, and three high schools.
Heritage Elementary is a brand new school opening this August in Edmond.
Click on the school directories below and find your school for more information.
Elementary Schools: http://edmondschools.net/our-schools/school-directory/
Middle Schools: http://edmondschools.net/our-schools/middle-schools/
High Schools: http://edmondschools.net/our-schools/high-schools/
Edmond Schools – Hours:
Grades 9-12: 7:40-2:30 (7th hour flex 2:35-3:30)
Grades 6-8: 7:50-2:40
Grades K-5: 8:25-3:15 (Chisholm, Clegern, Clyde Howell, Ida Freeman, Northern Hills, Russell Dougherty, Sunset, Washington Irving, West Field)
Grades K-5: 8:50-3:40 (Angie Debo, Charles Haskell, Centennial, Cross Timbers, John Ross, Orvis Risner, Will Rogers, Frontier, Heritage)
The start of a new school year means many children will be using sidewalks and intersections to and from school each day. Here are some helpful tips for both drivers and pedestrians during this time of the year!
- Put down phones, radios, and other driving distractions.
- School Zone speed limit is 25 mph.
- Slow down and be alert in residential areas and school zones.
- Watch carefully for children on or near the roads.
- Prepare to act quickly and safely on the roads.
- Take extra time to look for kids on curbs and intersections.
- Pay attention to school buses on the road and their frequent starts and stops.
Edmond School 2015-2016 Student Calendar:
- Aug. 20 First Day of School
- Sept. 7 Labor Day
- Sept. 21 Teacher Prof. Development Day
- Oct. 15 Conference Break
- Oct. 16-19 Fall Break
- Nov. 25-27 Thanksgiving Break
- Dec. 21 -Jan.1 Winter Break
- Jan. 18 Martin Luther King Day
- Feb. 15 President’s Day
- Mar. 14-18 Spring Break
- April 29 April Day
- May 24 Last Day of School
For all your real estate needs, call Brad Reeser at 405-330-2626 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.